Are you thinking about seriously pursuing a career in yoga? More than a career choice you have to keep in mind that yoga is a way of life. It involves some serious dedication from your end and this is something that you will have to be in 24*7.
Well if you are really fond of yoga and it suits your lifestyle then you need to start taking the right steps that will help you to learn yoga and then become a yoga teacher. Just like every career choice, this one too has its own decorum that you need to follow. Here are the steps that will help you to become a yoga teacher:
- The first thing that you will have to do is get enrolled at the best yoga teacher training in rishikesh and train yourself as a student as well as a teacher. These programmes are extensive and they offer certificates too at the end of the course which will help you to go a long way when finding your first trainer job. Like every field, this area too demands specialization and a degree to prove your credibility and hence these training courses are a must.
- The next step would be to join an institute, preferably the same one where you yourself have received the training as a trainer. Start off as an assistant trainer so that you can learn from your senior how the job is to be done. Teaching yoga is not just about knowing yoga postures. You need to know how to teach them as well to the ones who are interested and keen. This is something that you will learn if you practise as an assistant with your supervisor.
- Then, you need to start taking your own independent classes. Look for paid jobs since you are planning to take this up as a profession. There is no point in being trained from the best yoga school in rishikesh and continue working as an unpaid or part time helper. Be very specific about your work and professional in your approach so that it becomes easier for you to find the job and then sustain it with the due course of time.
- There are a few things that you need to do by yourself in the meantime. For starters you yourself will constantly have to grow as a trainer and the best way to do that is to continue taking advanced level yoga classes. That way you will have something new to teach and will not lose touch with the learning curve, which is more than essential for teaching. If you are weak in communication then you need to brush up your communication skills to be able to interact with your students properly.
- Once you have enough experience as an employed trainer, get your space and start training students on your own. It is best to ultimately move into an independent venture to prove your worth as a yoga teacher.
Follow these steps and in no time will you become a yoga teacher of good repute with students flocking to your door step.