Tirupati is a famous place in India which is situated in the state of Andhra Pradesh. And people from all around the world come to visit this place to see the temples here that are very sacred to the pilgrims. Hence, if you are planning for pilgrimage, Tirupati could be a great destination for you.
There are lots of places which you could visit while in Tirupati. Following are few of those which you must consider visiting if you are coming here.
- Sri Venkateswara Temple: This temple needs no introduction and it has a place of its own when it comes to sacred places across the world. It is the second most visited shrine all over the world after Vatican. This sacred temple is situated at the south of the river Swami Pushkarini. Also, famous as the richest temple in the world, it has a peaceful environment and anyone who has paid a visit here, will know how it feels to be amidst the environment here.
- Talakona Waterfalls: If you are interested in boating, you certainly shouldn’t miss visiting the Talakona waterfall. Famous for its boat riding and natural beauty aided by a 270 feet high waterfall, it will give you an unforgettable glimpse of Mother Nature. If you are opting for a Tirupati tour package, then you should certainly look for this place and make sure that it is included in the itinerary.
- TTD garden: This is a place which may be called a hub of flowers. People from various parts of the world fly here to view the aesthetic beauty of the garden. Other than flowers, there are ponds and tanks in this garden which enhance its beauty.
- Sri Vari Museum: If you visit places to know about their history, then visiting a museum in that place is extremely important. The Sri Vari Museum is a source of various historical artefacts such as sculptures, pictures, artefacts, etc. If you are interested in history and wish to know more about the civilization and the people in Tirupati, then you should invariably visit this museum.
- 5. Deer Park: This one is for animal lovers. You could view a wide variety of animals in this park, most importantly deer. People from around the world come here to view the animals here. The breath-taking natural beauty of the park is another reason why you should consider visiting it.
- Srikalahasti: It is one of the important places for pilgrims where VayuLinga is worshipped. Vayu is one of the five elements of the earth in Hindu mythology. A mystical fact about this temple is that, there are various oil lamps in this sanctum and while one flickers, the others remain motionless.
- Kanipakam: This temple goes way back into the history. It is believed to be built around 11th century by the Chola dynasty. It is famous for the idol of Lord Ganesha which is believed to grow.
These are a few places that you can visit in Tirupati. Make sure you do not miss out on any of these!